This NRSWA streetworks training course is for utilities, contractors and authorities working on or around the highway. The course is designed for operators and supervisors who are already working on the highway or who have had experience over the last 2 years.
Basic Streetworks Operatives Course NRSWA (Units 1 to 6+9)
Basic Streetworks Supervisors Course NRSWA (Units 1+10 to 14) - Streetworks Training Course Duration up to 5 Days
The course programme will involve classroom study and simulated practical assessments. Supervisors will monitor any activity and make assessments on work undertaken by making a report. Successful operatives and supervisors will be issued with City & Guilds certificates and Scotvec cards. Individual units can be completed, or the full course, depending on differing requirements. However, at least 3 units must be completed in order to qualify for a Scotvec card.
Streetworks Units 1 - 9 are for operatives, 1 + 10 to 16 are for supervisors.
- Location of underground apparatus
- Signing, Lighting and Guarding
- Excavation in the highway
- Reinstatement & compaction of backfill materials
- Reinstatement of sub-base and road-base in non-bituminous materials
- Reinstatement of cold lay bituminous materials
- Reinstatement of hot lay bituminous materials
- Reinstatement of reinforced concrete
- Reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways
- Monitoring signing, lighting and guarding
- Monitoring excavation in the highway
- Monitoring reinstatement & compaction of backfill materials
- Monitoring reinstatement of sub-base and road-base in non-bituminous materials
- Monitoring reinstatement in bituminous materials
- Monitoring reinstatement of reinforced concrete
- Monitoring reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways